As time specialists, we get asked all of the time about just how we do it. For many people, being on time is a near impossibility. You say Thanksgiving dinner begins at 6:30, they will arrive at 7:15. The movie starts at 3:15, they arrive at 3:28.
Some people just can’t seem to get anywhere on time, no matter how dire the situation is. They are perpetually late. Many times, these are the people calling us for a 45 minute delivery Dallas. Time is a hard beast to tackle. It keeps moving whether you want it to or not. That 5:00 deadline is coming. Better be ready…
So, how do our couriers, especially our route couriers Dallas, stay timely? Well, we have a few tricks of the trade that we are going to share with you. Hold on to your hats, and grab a pen. You’re going to want to write these down.
- Keep a planner. Whether it is an old fashioned paper planner (like me) or a technology-forward phone planner, just use one! A calendar helps you stay on track even on days that you are forgetful. As one of the premier Dallas scheduled delivery companies, we know a thing or two about keeping an up-to-date calendar.
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier. Don’t you hate feeling rushed in the morning? What’s worse than feeling rushed is being so rushed you forget necessities for your day. For example, if you’re a Dallas route courier, you need to always wear a watch. If you’re too rushed in the morning and you forget a watch, you’re going to be frustrated the whole day. Waking up 15 minutes earlier allows you to get coffee and get organized before getting out the door.
- Eat. Sometimes when people are busy, they stop doing the basics like eating. How do you expect to get your work done if you don’t have energy? In case you didn’t know, to have energy, you have to eat. So take a break and get energized. Be sure to bring a well-balanced lunch with you. Our scheduled deliveries DFW specialists know a thing or two about being prepared on the road!
- Drink. No, not red bull, Dr. Pepper and coffee. Grab a water. Keeping yourself hydrated will help you stay on time because when you’re thirsty, you get easily groggy. It’s hard to be on time when you’re busy dragging your feet.
- Plan ahead. If you’re someone who moves slowly in the morning, plan ahead the night before. Get your clothes out so you aren’t ironing your shirt at 6:00 a.m. Make your lunch. Charge your phone. Have everything at the backdoor so all you have to do is pick it up and put it in your car.
If you’re a perpetually late person, take baby steps toward being on time. Going all out may make you give up quickly. Take these tips from your route couriers in Dallas, they know their stuff!