Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. If you don’t, I don’t care, I’ll pull down your underwear!
Oh to be a kid again. Didn’t you love the simplicity? Simple rhymes had you rolling on the floor laughing and Halloween made you have sleepless nights. Why were they sleepless? You were dreaming of candy and costumes, of course!
Who says that just because you turn 28, 33, 45, or 92, you can’t still be a kid? I say, defy nature and always be childlike! Have fun dressing up in a costume. Have fun eating candy and spending time with friends and family. Just ask our Dallas food deliveries specialists. They know a thing or two about staying young at heart. And not surprisingly, this is their favorite time of year. Why? FOOD!
It should come as no surprise that food couriers Dallas love food. In fact, our entire Dallas Courier home office team loves food. So, what are some spookalicious treats for the upcoming day of candy and all things scary? Check it out:
- Popcorn Balls. Ooey, gooey goodness. We love popcorn balls because they are good on the go. Wrap them up individually, and everyone in the family can grab and go. Feel free to dye the popcorn balls black and orange. Being festive is always a plus!
- Caramel Apples. Looking to spend some quality time with the kids? This is a fun activity. Simple and cheap, this is a crowd pleaser. Just buy caramel squares and melt them down with a little cream. Put the apples on a stick and roll them in the hot caramel. Then, roll on your favorite toppings – nuts, chocolate, or both!
- Mummy Kolaches. This one is a crowd pleaser, too! Take little smokies and wrap them up in store-bought crescent roll dough. Be sure to make them look like little mummies!
- Pumpkin Soup. Who doesn’t love coming home to a warm fall-licious soup? Here are my top faves: pumpkin, butternut squash, potato and tomato. Warms the tummy and the soul.
- Pumpkin Seeds. No, not store-bought pumpkin seeds. I’m talking legit pumpkin seeds. Have the kids carve the pumpkins and you make the seeds. It’s easy. Clean off all of the pumpkin gunk. Dry them. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. I like to add Cayenne Pepper for a little kick. This is another grab-and-go snack.
Join our courier services Dallas team and start trick-or-treating early this year. Get a jump on the holidays by making inventive, spookalicious treats for you and the kids to enjoy. Don’t hold back – now’s the time to get creative!