Take me out to the ball game. Take me out to the crowd. Buy me some peanuts…
Oh, sorry. We were just brushing up on our harmonizing skills since today is opening day for our Texas Rangers! We’re hoping for some big hits and fast runs, but not just for our Rangers, for our DFW route couriers, as well.
The thing is, with an experienced delivery team, your routine and scheduled deliveries are nothing short of a grand slam. Couriers make it easy to round all those bases and bring home a big win for your team, whether that’s by handling daily lab deliveries, food distribution routes, or routine manufacturing deliveries. Oh, and did we mention we do it all in uniform? While we won’t be wearing Ranger red, our blue polo shirts are clad with our Dallas Courier logo. You and your customers will never have to wonder who is picking up or dropping off your deliveries, and our team is easy to recognize by our daily uniform.
Just like our Dallas Couriers, the official start to baseball season is a pretty big deal. Ready to find out a little more about America’s favorite past time? Check this out:
- A typical baseball is used for about 5-7 pitches. In one game, players go through about 70 balls.
- “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” is traditionally sung in the middle of the 7th It was written in 1908 by two men who had never been to a baseball game.
- The LA Dodgers came from Brooklyn. Their name was given to them in reference of the skill of New Yorkers at “dodging” the trolley cars in the streets.
- Fenway Park debuted in 1912, and is the oldest baseball stadium still in use.
- Visiting teams generally wear gray. This dates back to the late 1800s, when visiting teams didn’t have the means to launder their uniforms before playing another game. They wore grey to hide the dirt.
- The Yankees have 26 World Series titles; more than any other pro team.
- Cal Ripken, Jr. holds the record for consecutive games played. He didn’t miss a game in 16 years. That’s 2,632 consecutive games.
- Second base is the most stolen base in baseball.
- The baseball glove is the most evolved piece of sports equipment.
- The most valuable baseball card is a Honus Wagner T206 card from 1909. It’s worth about 2.8 million.
- It is a rule that the pitcher must clearly wipe his hands on his uniform before throwing a pitch.
- Baseball was an Olympic sport from 1992-2008. It was removed by the International Olympic Committee for the 2012 games.
- The longest game in professional baseball history was in 1988. It lasted 32 innings and ran 8 hours, 25 minutes. The game wasn’t even over. They finished the final 33rd inning two months later.
- The fastest game ever was 51 minutes.
After those fun facts, if you’re looking to find out a few more about the number one DFW route courier, head to our website. You can find out a little more about our team of experts, the services we provide, and some of our most frequent customers. Or, you can contact us via web chat and find out just how our couriers can bring a grand slam to your delivery procedures.
Don’t delay the game. Let’s play ball!