Is there anything more exciting than a 4th of July cookout followed by a spectacular fireworks show? Well, maybe winning the lottery, but aside from that, Independence Day is one of our couriers’ favorite days of the year for obvious reasons.
There’s great food, friends, great food, parades, great food, late-night fireworks…did we mention there’s great food?
Hundreds of thousands travel from here to there in preparation for the 4th of July weekend. As a result, the first week in July is one of the busiest travel periods of the year. It also happens to be one of the deadliest.
Here at Dallas Courier, as we transport your hot shot deliveries in DFW, safety is our top priority. Anyone can move products quickly throughout the Metroplex, paying no attention to the security of the cargo, but it takes a great courier to move items quickly and safely. It also takes years of experience, which is something Dallas Courier has to boot.
Just as our couriers take precautions as we hit the roads, this holiday, you should, as well. In 2017, 601 people died in motor vehicle related crashes between June 30th and July 5th. Thirty-nine percent of those fatalities were due to alcohol related incidents. Distracted driving and impaired driving are some of the biggest threats to your safety over the 4th of July weekend.
Don’t become a statistic. Take the advice of our experienced and professional couriers and consider these tips as you travel this holiday:
- Don’t drink and drive- Impaired judgement, slowed reaction, reduced coordination…not exactly what you want when you sit behind the wheel. Oh, and did we mention jail time and fines? Just don’t.
- Drive alert- Plan frequent stops for those weekend road trips. Rest if you feel drowsy.
- Leave the cell phone in the back seat- If you have a passenger, let them take charge of the GPS. If not, leave the phone in the back seat.
- Be defensive- Despite it being a relaxing holiday weekend, everybody is in a hurry. Don’t be that guy. Watch for large trucks and small motorcycles. Keep your eyes on the road, and leave space between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Get a tune up- Vehicle maintenance is something we believe in strongly! Not only can a well maintained vehicle save you money in the long run, it could also save your life.
- Mind the speed limits- Speeding isn’t worth the added danger or legal repercussions. It will only get you there a few minutes sooner, if you’re lucky.
- Buckle up- The number one safety tip? Wear your seat belt. Be sure your children are secured in appropriate child seats for their age, and even find a way to secure your pets.
Sure, July 4th is known for its parades, parties, and cookouts, but it’s also the single deadliest day of the year for road travel. Each year, an average of 118 people lose their lives in traffic fatalities on July 4th. Make like a Dallas Courier driver moving hot shot deliveries in DFW, and travel swiftly, but safely this holiday.
Speaking of, if you’d prefer to stay off the roads, but you have important time or temperature sensitive deliveries to make, Dallas Courier is here all day, every day, even on weekends and holidays. Keep celebrating your freedom safely and let Dallas Courier handle your T&L operations.