You make decisions every day. Some of them are mundane: sourdough or whole wheat? Others are important: how much should you allocate to your 401K? Wouldn’t it be nice if you had a guide to go off of to assist you in making those important decisions? Perhaps the assistance of an expert who could give you a few points to consider?
Our temperature sensitive transportation experts are here with a guide to selecting the right refrigerated courier in DFW for your business’s needs. Consider these 5 points before making the important choice in a delivery partner.
1) Temperature control: Your refrigerated courier in DFW should have the ability to control the temperature during transit. Duh. But find out how your courier keeps stable temps. If your items are less sensitive, dry ice or ice packs might be sufficient. However, if you’re transporting medical specimens, constant stable temperature control is necessary. Find out if your delivery partner has refrigerated vehicles that can keep a specific temperature or range of temperatures for your items.
Your refrigerated courier in DFW should also have the ability to monitor temps throughout the shipping process. This way if the cooling system fails, they’ll know immediately and can rectify the situation before damaging the cargo.
2) Experience with a variety of items: Temperature sensitive items can vary. Flowers and pharmaceuticals shouldn’t be handled uniformly. A refrigerated courier in DFW with years of experience in transporting a variety of items is the team you want moving your temperature sensitive cargo. It’s a team like this that will have the proper training and certification, including HazMat, HIPAA, and OSHA, to meet your varying needs.
3) Flexible scheduling: As one would assume, a scheduled delivery is more cost effective than an on demand delivery. Your chosen courier should be able to accommodate both types, though. There’s nothing more frustrating than having to work with two separate couriers to get your job done. You need a refrigerated courier who can offer flexible scheduling to meet your needs, no matter what those needs are.
Also, consider your ability to communicate with your courier. If a change in route or pick up occurs, can you reach your courier, and can your courier accommodate those changes? A delivery provider with 24/7 communication with a dispatcher should be able to flex and meet your needs, even if those changes occur last minute.
4) Options for storage: It’s always good to cover your bases. While you might have sufficient storage for your temperature sensitive at your current location, in the event of a power outage, or even a change in location, you need a courier that can move your items to temporary or long term storage. A full service logistics provider can pick up your temperature sensitive cargo and move it to a secure storage facility to await further instruction. Bonus points if your T&L provider offers FDA certified storage space for your food and medication storage.
5) Insurance: Perhaps one of the most important points to consider in your search for a refrigerated courier in DFW is your provider’s back up plan- insurance. Should an unforeseen circumstance arise, like lost or damaged cargo, can your courier make reparations quickly, and in full? Ask your refrigerated courier in DFW about their insurance policies, inquire about their providers, and don’t be afraid to seek proof of these points.
A great courier has nothing to hide. They’ll be fully insured by A-rated insurance providers. They’ll have proof of their policy, and they’ll be honest in handling a mistake that occurs while they’re transporting your temperature sensitive goods around DFW or throughout the country.
As we generally do, Dallas Courier is here to make it just a little easier on you. Take these 5 points with you as you seek out reliable and effective refrigerated transportation in DFW. Of course, we could make it even easier on you, and tell you that Dallas Courier offers nearly 40 years of experience moving time and temperature sensitive cargo throughout the Metroplex and beyond.
With just one phone call or an inquiry here on our website, we can have your items on the move, in as little as 45 minutes. How’s that for convenience? Don’t take our word for is, though. We have dozens of satisfied customers who are impressed with their Dallas Courier transportation services. Get started today!