Since I work for a Dallas medical courier team, I am always on the lookout for tips on staying healthy. By now, I am betting that all of our New Year’s resolutions to eat healthy and exercise have fallen by the wayside. Life got busy, we got lazy, and our guts grew.
People, it doesn’t have to be this way! So, today’s blog is all about getting back on the wagon – you, me, your Dallas medical couriers. Every now and then, we could all use a helpful reminder on how to keep up with those goals we set back in January.
Time.com currently has a lot of great resources for dieting and eating healthy. Take some time to peruse their website – you’ll find plenty of interesting things. Recently, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans came out, and there are some important things our Dallas medical couriers think you should know about
- Eat more fish and seafood. Why? Omega 3 acids are all around good for you. Seafood is a healthy protein that is good for the mind and body.
- Eat breakfast. No, not cinnamon rolls. I’m talking about a balanced breakfast complete with fruit and a fibrous cereal.
- Avoid fast food. Thank you, captain obvious!
- Out with the salt. This is a hard one. Salt is in virtually everything, especially at restaurants. For our Dallas medical couriers who are always on the road, this is one to watch! (Click here for article)
Time also has another article with some simple (and cheap!) tips to stay healthy and maintain your diet.
- Eat at home. When you cook for yourself, you control what goes in and how much. Trying to cut back on salt? Cooking at home allows you to choose how much goes in. If you are used to eating out, just try doing one extra meal at home per week. Eventually it will turn into a whole lifestyle change.
- Cash. Instead of swiping your credit card in the grocery checkout, use cash. Studies show using cash helps you make wise money decisions including avoiding impulse buys and junk food.
- Cook with friends. If your friends live close by, make meals together. You can over cook and all share throughout the week. Saves time and helps keep your relationships in ship-shape. Maybe our Dallas medical couriers should try this!
- No more appetizers. Just say no. Unless it’s a salad (with minimal dressing), forget about it!
If you’ve fallen off the ‘healthy eating’ wagon, I hope this blog from you Dallas medical courier team helps you get back on. Eat up, but for goodness sake, eat well!