Man's best friend.
They are joyful, fun-loving, understanding, gentle, hilarious, treat-seeking, walk-loving, furry, sloppy drinking, food-enthralled, passionate, kind, forgiving, loving - dogs. They are really and truly the greatest companion man could have. They are consistently happy animals who are always excited to see you no matter what kind of mood you're in that day.
At Dallas Courier's home office, we have a variety of dog breeds among us. From Siberian Huskies to Pugs, our delivery team has breeds all across the board. And we like it that way. A variety of breeds means a variety of stories and personalities.
As a dog loving office, when I saw the Most Popular Dog Breeds of 2012 list online today, I knew I had to write a post featuring man's best friend. Dogs are awesome, and our on demand courier services Dallas team is all about 'em! So, without further ado, here are the top 10 most popular dog breeds of 2012:
10. Rottweiler. In 2011, the Shih Tzu was #10 and the Rottweiler successfully unseated that little guy! The Rottweiler is one powerful beast. He is intimidating in a cute, precious way.
9. Dachsund. We go from the Rottweiler to the Dachsund - quite opposites! Dachsunds are a sweet tempered family dog. Low to the ground and long bodied, they are sure to give you a good laugh.
8. Poodle. Admittedly, I am not a poodle's biggest fan, but apparently a lot of dog lovers are. After all, they are ranking in at #8. That's pretty good! My dog (Siberian Husky) didn't even make the list so what do I know!? Now, here's to hoping Dallas Courier's vice president doesn't read this post, he owns two poodles. And if you do... my sincerest apologies for not favoring your pups!
7. Boxer. A boxer's face is pretty much irresistible in my opinion. That smushed nose with those soulful eyes are enough to sweep me off my dog loving feet.
6. English Bulldog. If you thought I loved boxers, just wait. The Bulldog has to be up there with my favorite breeds. They are stout, they snort and they are down right adorable. I love their entire look. I do hear they have health problems, but apparently that hasn't deterred them from making the list.
5. Yorkshire Terriers. Another one of my not-so-favorite breeds. But they are little and cute, and great apartment dogs I've heard. I think these are must groom dogs, too.
4. Golden Retriever. No surprise here, the golden retriever comes in at #4. This is an all-American dog breed that seems to be the quintessential postcard dog.
3. Beagle. The Beagle's precious and adoring eyes unseated the Yorkshire Terriers in the number 3 spot this past year. They are the perfect size and the perfect energy.
2. German Shepherd. Ooooohh. I love a German Shepherd. They are a great family dog because they are friendly but also protectors. If they are good enough for the Army and for Police, they are good enough in my book!
1. Labrador Retriever. Another All-American dog breed, the lab is famous for being great with kids, incredibly loyal, fun loving, a master at fetching, and an all around great member of the family.
There you have it - the top 10 breeds of 2012! That is a pretty good list, if you ask me. Our same day deliveries Dallas team certainly thinks so. Will you buy a dog this year? If so, I wonder if your purchase will help push a breed into popularity? Please buy a Siberian Husky. I want to see my favorite breed propelled into spot #1!