Remember those New Year's resolutions you made way back when…in… January. Yes, January seemed like it lasted an entire year, but 2020 is still new, and February is upon us.
As our Valentine’s Day couriers understand it, February presents quite a dilemma for New Year's Resolutions. It’s been about six weeks- which is just about the time folks tend to leave behind all those well-meaning resolutions for the new year. Not to mention, there’s a perfect reason to blow those newfound resolutions off- Valentine’s Day.
Whether you resolved to save money, eat better, exercise more, or find yourself, when Valentine’s Day rolls around, those goals go out the window. This year, 68.2 million people are expected to buy a gift. At around $110 per person, that comes out to $19.2 billion. So, yeah, I guess you could say the resolution to save a little cash goes out the window on February 14th.
Those healthy eating and living resolutions won’t go much better for you. In fact, 80% of Americans will share some sort of Valentine’s Day candy. That means $448 million will be spent on sugary and sweet foods.
But you don’t have to lose yourself to spread the love on Valentine’s Day. There are ways to enjoy the day without breaking those bonds you made for 2020.
You can save your cash and your waistline…with the help of our Valentine’s Day couriers.
Do It Yourself Valentine’s Day Ideas
If you’re looking to continue your goal to save money in 2020, don’t let Valentine’s Day derail you. While the average person will spend over $100 per gift, you don’t have to be average! In fact, our Valentine’s Day couriers will argue that average is boring.
Instead, try out some of these DIY Valentine’s Day ideas:
- Homemade goodies- Show a little love with a loaf of sweet bread, cookies, or a homemade meal.
- Date jar- Fill a mason jar with popsicle sticks labeled with date ideas for an easy gift that keeps on giving.
- Mug bouquets- Find a bright colored mug and fill it with one large peony, rose, or other single bud.
- Strawberry sugar scrub- Remember those mason jars? Fill one with a DIY sugar scrub for your sweetie.
Valentine’s Day Treats That Won’t Wreck Your Waistline
If you’ve made some positive changes for the better since the New Year, don’t let the Day of Love get you off track. You can still have a sweet day without getting of course- which, our Valentine’s Day couriers know- is never a good thing!
Here are a few tasty treats that won’t cost you:
- Chocolate covered strawberries- Dark chocolate covered strawberries are only about 57 calories per berry. They’re also packed with antioxidants and Vitamin C.
- Cinnamon popcorn- Sprinkle air popped corn with cinnamon for a sweet treat to enjoy cuddled in front of the TV.
- Fruit kabobs- Use a cookie cutter to make heart shaped pineapple, watermelon, or berry kabobs.
- Yogurt dipped banana bites- Roll banana coins in strawberry Greek yogurt and then freeze.
- Fruit nachos- Thinly sliced apples serve as “chips”, with toppings like chocolate sauce, mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and nuts.
If you made New Year's resolutions in 2020, don’t let Valentine’s Day stop you from a better version of yourself. Stick with your goals to save money and get healthy with these tips from your friendly Valentine’s Day couriers at Dallas Courier.
Don’t forget: we’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your scheduled and last minute Valentine’s Day deliveries. With dry and refrigerated vehicles, as well as food and beverage licensed transportation providers, Dallas Courier is your go-to for deliveries on Valentine’s Day and every day, including weekends and holidays.
Contact us here on our website, or call us anytime at 972-680-8000.