As Sheryl Crow famously suggested, sometimes a little change can do you good. Especially when that change comes for your transportation and logistics processes. It can be tough to move on from your current courier. In fact, you might not even know that a transportation change up is necessary!
But if you’re experiencing any of these poor service scenarios, then a change in transportation provider is a must. Here are five red flags to watch for:
- You’re unsure if your deliveries will arrive on time- If you’re questioning the timeliness of your transportation team, then it’s time for a new transportation team. Forget the excuses (traffic on the High Five, broken down truck, late shift change), a professional delivery team manages the missteps and completes deliveries on time, every time. A late delivery reflects poorly on you to your customers. That’s not a good look.
- You experience inflexibility on in route changes- Scheduled deliveries that go off without a hitch are great! They make it easy for everyone. But transportation isn’t always that easy. When you have last minute changes, is your courier able to flex and get the job done? The right courier for you is in constant contact with drivers, meaning your in route changes can often be met without issue.
- You have multiple couriers on call to cover all your T&L needs- From on demand deliveries to scheduled routes, your transportation provider should be a one-stop-shop. Nobody has time to keep three or four different couriers on call for all the different delivery needs that arise for a typical DFW business. If your courier doesn’t have a variety of fleet, the proper team member on call to make the delivery, and the experience to back it all up, it’s time for a transportation change up.
- You worry about the impression your courier makes on your customers- Customer service is important to you, right? Your delivery team is an extension of your company. If your courier doesn’t present themselves professionally and positively, then your customers aren’t being treated with A+ customer service. You can’t afford to have this type of representation on your side. If you’re worried about the impression your courier leaves on your clients, then it’s time to leave your courier.
- Your courier doesn’t offer up details about their insurance policies- The simple truth is that your courier should hold a suite of insurance options that fully cover your cargo and the entire delivery process. Your transportation team should also be able to provide certificates of insurance. That insurance should also come from A-rated providers, as this is an indication of how confident you should be in your transportation team’s ability to handle unexpected delivery events.
Sometimes change is necessary. And sometimes you don’t even know it’s time for a change until you closely evaluate your current situation. If your delivery team throws up any of these red flags, it’s a sign that it’s time for a change.
If you’re not confident in your transportation team, we’re confident you’ll be satisfied with the service that Dallas Courier provides. From STAT healthcare deliveries to food distribution to long distance critical deliveries, Dallas Courier is the transportation team that can do it all.
Find out what our current and past customers have to say about our service, or give us a call and let us show you first-hand how a great courier can help boost your business in DFW. Dallas Courier is available 24 hours day, 7 days a week. No matter when you’re ready for a change, we’re ready to assist.